Thursday, December 07, 2006

all things

This is one of those rare entries where I make a departure from the usual review or movie related stuff in Singapore.

Somehow, while surfing the net, and chancing upon some deep discounts on the X-Files Box Sets, a thought I used to have came back to me. I've been following the X-Files for the most part (the later seasons somehow didn't appeal), and I'm sure many fans out there would have their favourite episodes.

Mine is "all things", from Season 7. Written and directed by Gillian Anderson herself, this particular episode appealed and resonated with me. Why, I do not know. But it just did. It's incredibly sad, and has Moby's The Sky is Broken (from his Play album) featured in one poignant scene which I also remember for its special effects.


And here's to share my favourite bit from the dialogue. I like it, but I'm not sure why - I just do. Perhaps someday I will truly understand why it appeals to me.

Time passes in moments. Moments which, rushing past, define the path of a life just as surely as they lead towards its end. How rarely do we stop to examine that path. To see the reasons why all things happen. To consider whether the path we take in life is of our own making, or simply one into which we've drifted with eyes closed. But what if we were to stop? Pause to take stock of each precious moment before it passes? Might we then see the endless forks in the roads that have shaped a life? And… seeing those choices… choose another path? - Dana Scully, all things, X-Files Season 7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...